The surgery is over! Praise God. She came through and there were no major setbacks as far as we know. She will be in the recovery room for a couple of hours (longer than expected). No one has seen her yet. This is hard. It was in the recovery room, 11 weeks ago, that she had her stroke and brain swelling that put her life in danger.
Pray for these hours following the surgery…
- Pray for peace for Mom as she wakes
- Pray for no infection, no clots
- Pray for good and attentive nurses
- Pray for full healing and no nausea as she awakes
- Pray for no cognitive or physical setbacks
- Pray for no seizures in the next week as she is at risk
We praise God for a few signs of His presence…
- Everyone, including Mom, felt the prayers of all you saints! THANK YOU!
- Mom “ran into” Treena right before the surgery (our Neuro ICU nurse that was SUCH a blessing to us in the darkest days)
- Her anesthesiologist for the surgery was a close family friend. This brought such peace to Mom and to all of us!
- My Mom’s brother, who is a doctor, was able to be there in the hospital today…also bringing such peace to Mom and the family.
We don’t have much of an update on her, since no one has seen her yet. So please keep praying. These are crucial hours as she wakes and recovers. But we PRAISE God that she is through the surgery.