-Written by Anna-
We have had three ‘good’ days! Mom never feels well but the nausea and pain have been manageable and she has been able to push through her therapies like a champ. She has impressed all the therapists and amazed us this week! Some of our Ebenezers this week:
- She sat up with minimal support for forty minutes
- She walked/shuffled the length of the parallel bars (with support)three times
- She continues to improve in her swallowing and is able to eat faster and easier
We all responded “Wow” to Dad’s text this morning reporting some of her accomplishments. He reminded us in his clever way that ‘wow’ turned upside down spells ‘mom.’ It made us all smile! It is true, she amazes us every day.
In all likelihood we are moving to another facility tomorrow. Still a couple of hoops to go through but if all goes according to plan the ambulance will come for Mom at 3 pm. While we are sad to leave the familiar and all the great nurses and therapists here we are so grateful for the gift we have been given in the unexpected extra week and a half here. Mom is apprehensive about the move (I can certainly understand the anxiety!) but we have heard from several that this is a good facility and we are thankful that a bed is still open and for this option for our next step.
Some ways you can pray:
- Pray that Mom would continue to take steps forward
- Pray for relief from severe headaches she has been having at night
- Pray for peace as we transition
- Pray for Dad and me as we figure out a new place and a new routine.
Thank you for your love and prayers! We have been honored to read your requests and pray for some of you! What a gift to look outside of our own situation and feelings and lift others to Jesus!