-Written by Anna –
Today we thank Jesus for life and for an encouraging day! Two weeks ago today we all thought we might lose Mom. And today she is not only with us but we observed and were given some encouraging news! Something we all needed!
Some highlights from the day:
- Her speech therapist was very encouraged with Mom’s progress today in swallowing and believes she might pass the swallow test later on this week. This was a very different report than we had received yesterday (by the same therapist)! Thank you for your prayers and continue to pray for wisdom for us and her doctors as we navigate all of this. Pray that we would do what is best for Mom! And continue to pray that Jesus would restore her ability to swallow.
- We had our first conversation with a local rehabilitation center. There is really only one locally that can provide adequate care for someone in Mom’s condition but it comes highly recommended. They hope to move her next week.
- We were blessed today by the visit of dear friends who went out of their way to come and visit Mom and encourage her! What a gift! Thank you Tom and Lorelei!
- Hearing Mom pray a full and complete prayer for the first time. We have heard her repeat sentences prayers and I feel like she is living a prayer these days but upon hearing a voicemail from Beth Ryan, a precious missionary friend in Honduras, she proceeded to pray a full prayer over her and her ministry and that Jesus would show up in Honduras! Holy moments!
- Reaching for the phone when she heard I was talking to my cousin, her nephew, Billy and family in Scotland. She wanted to hear about baby Blake who shares her middle name. She asked if their girls could pray that she could swallow. We believe in those prayers!
She is more aware each day of your love and prayers. We have been able to read many of your emails, prayers, stories and comments that you have put on the blog or sent to the email address (email@example.com). Last night we rejoiced together over learning that on Christmas Day the daughter of a friend had given her life to Christ and was a new creation! Mom cried as I read it to her! She remembered praying with the mother of this girl just three weeks ago.
She also told me to share these two songs on the blog. It has been so sweet to watch my Mom worship through music. She can’t read her Bible yet but she gets lost in the words and music of certain songs. A dear friend who works with the Salvation Army in Buffalo sent her words to this song and I found it on youtube and last night she listened to it over and over. What a comfort and a blessing to be In His Hands!
The second song is one that Mom asked to hear several times and as she listened I heard her repeat to herself over and over: Restore, Revive, Renew, Reveal. What a privilege we all have to sit with her each day and sense His presence in new ways.
The road ahead is long and we know that not every day will be a good day but He is walking with us moment by moment, day by day. Thank you for being on this journey with us!