Thank you to all those who have prayed for Mom’s swallowing and her peace. Though Jesus didn’t answer in the way we wanted, He is answering. She failed the swallow test this morning and they had to put in a feeding tube. BUT the speech therapist spoke so sweetly to her and walked her through why she needs it and Mom had PEACE! That was an answer to prayer because yesterday she was very upset about this. We are praising God for that. She knows this will give her strength and she is SO ready for that. She seems more at peace today and for that we are very grateful. We have an INCREDIBLE nurse today who is going above and beyond the call of duty to make Mom comfortable – this is blessing Mom greatly and giving all of us peace. We praise God for Treena – she loves the LORD!
This morning’s victories:
- Sat up by herself
- CT scan showed no change in swelling. It hasn’t gone down but it hasn’t swelled more.
- Her speech is better. And she is more coherent.
This morning’s requests:
- The feeding tube will not necessarily alleviate her desperate hunger or thirst…so keep praying for comfort for her in that.
- Continue to pray for no infections
- Continued healing from both surgeries
Here’s a verse that Mom was greatly responsive to last night!
“And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire and scorched places and make your bones strong. And you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.” Isaiah 58:11